Author Topic: Need to find a new place to lease medallions to  (Read 286 times)

Taxi Son

Need to find a new place to lease medallions to
« on: May 07, 2019, 05:12:57 PM »
I just found out that the place my mother leases her medallions to is being sold. The guy there says he is going to try and secure a lease agreement for us with another place but he doesn't know/ isn't saying where or how much yet. Obviously I am skeptical so I'm looking for another place. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Taxiwerker

Re: Need to find a new place to lease medallions to
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 06:07:13 PM »
I Need a Place Too....ANY INFO Appreciated...!!!!.... Folklore1320@gmail.com ........ :P :P

Taxi Son

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 12:56:57 PM »
So I just found out that both of the medallions (which are in a corporation) currently have wheelchair accessible cars on them. I thought if you had a two car corporation (or is it called a mini fleet, I don't know) that only one of the two had to be accessible. Is that not the case? I called one place to see if they would take it and they said no because both were accessible.

YELLO

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 01:38:32 PM »
That's my understanding. 

Do yourself and your mother a favor and call the TLC, 212-676-1124, to confirm the rule/policy .
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:44:29 PM by YELLO »

Taxiwerker

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 07:15:20 PM »
Also It Could be the Fleet Took Advantage of Getting Wheelchair Cab Funding....That Would Be Another Case Also......

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 05:12:54 AM »
Only one has to be WAV.  You can take the medallion off one of the cars and send that car to the junk yard.

Taxi Son

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 08:44:01 AM »
Thanks for all of the replies. I will call the TLC and let you all know if I hear anything different.

YELLO

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 09:24:58 PM »
Taxi Son, update?

Taxi Son

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 12:35:22 PM »
I called the TLC and they confirmed only one has to be WAV. Like Taxiwerker said, they probably took advantage of the funding. I am now still calling around to see who is taking on new medallions and trying to find the most reputable place that will pay my mom the same as what she has been getting to this point ($1,000 per medallion).