Author Topic: Gentleman's Agreement- We Can Fight The Hotels!  (Read 779 times)

YELLO

• View Profile
Gentleman's Agreement- We Can Fight The Hotels!
« on: December 24, 2016, 03:47:33 PM »
I've been told that there is a "gentleman's agreement " between the Traffic Police and the Hotels.  That's why the Traffic Police Officers are not  giving tickets  or telling the black cars to move when they are illegally parked in front/side of the hotels.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 01:09:26 PM by nyctaxinews »

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Gentleman's Agreement
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 06:52:57 PM »
I've been told that there is a "gentleman's agreement " between the Traffic Police and the Hotels.  That's why the Traffic Police Officers are not  giving tickets  or telling the black cars to move when they are illegally parked in front/side of the hotels.

Yello,

Can you tell us who told you this?

YELLO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 09:29:10 PM »
From the horse's mouth.  You know what I mean.

Antieuba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 12:49:29 PM »

I was told by 2 traffic cops that they aren't giving out summonses to black cars, illegally parked in taxi stands, in front/side of hotels.  Because of "the holidays."

I was told by anti terror cops that there may be a "gentleman's agreement" to allow the illegal parking by black cars in hack stands at hotels.

I was told by black car drivers, illegally parked in front/side of hotels, that they WERE taxis and that the spots belonged to the hotels.

Being parked in front/side of hotels enables these drivers to obtain illegal fares from the doormen.  These trips are NOT INSURED.

So, now that we know what's going on, what are we going to do about it.

Without F. U. (that's followup) it's just whining.

Call Midtown North, the 18th Precinct, which is where much of the illegal activity is happening.  Telephone 212-760-8300 x3 Community Affairs

Call City Councilmember Dan Garodnick.  It is his district where the illegal activity is occurring.  Telephone 212-818-0580. Email garodnicknyc@gmail.com

Call TLC Enforcement 718-267-4500

Call City Councilperson Ydanis Rodriguez, Chairperson of the Transportation Committee. Telephone 212-788-7053. Email Yrodriguez@council.nyc.gov

Call City Councilperson Vanessa Gibson, Chairperson of the Public Safety Commission.  Telephone 212-788-6856. Email VGibson@ council.nyc.gov

For you guys, who are out there on the street everyday, any illegal activity should be reported to 311.  It does work.  There ARE hearings going on involving $2000 fines.

Let's start calling!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 01:06:21 PM by nyctaxinews »

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Gentleman's Agreement- We Can Fight The Hotels!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 01:12:28 PM »
If we fight we can win! Make the calls as many times as possible!

Antieuba

• View Profile
Re: Gentleman's Agreement- We Can Fight The Hotels!
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 01:24:19 PM »
As Lyndon Johnson used to say about voting, "early and often."