Author Topic: Confrontation  (Read 257 times)

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
Confrontation
« on: August 26, 2017, 04:35:44 PM »
Walking by hotel east 28th street/ doorman comes out carrying luggage to the street hailing a cab, black SUV TLC  sitting nearby comes out of his van , cab stops for the passenger and van man asks the doorman/passenger where they’re going and passenger agrees to go with van , I yelled , I said your not allowed to do that that's a $5000 fine , he points to his TLC plates as if that makes it legal
The cab driver thanked me but he lost his money , he looked tired.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 04:37:49 PM by Citytaxistreets »

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Confrontation
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:54:44 PM »
You should have got the plate number and called 311. Did you?

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 11:55:01 AM »
Getting plate numbers is not going to help us , we need to be loud
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 12:00:29 PM by Citytaxistreets »

Hackenstein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 08:40:09 AM »
Passed a hotel by Times Sq, a woman came out, tourist, she was looking at her phone. I think she thought she needed an uber because the address was in her phone. She or the doorman signals me. Then, because she thought she needed an uber, the doorman points her to one of the parked black cars in front of the hotel. I actually thought of this post and jumped out and yelled at the doorman, told him it was illegal. He says 'how do you know it's illegal?' I said because it's a $#% street hail, they can't pick up off the street. It's illegal. He shot back some more nonsense, like 'you're legal?' Which was pretty amazing. Anyway, he STFU and she got in.

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 12:39:21 PM »
Bothering them is the right thing to do, maybe they'll get the message or think twice before they do it.
Maybe next time it is harder for them if they know we are watching and demanding.

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 03:57:59 PM »
Reporting them is meaningless and makes money for the TLC. It is an easy thing to stop at the airports but the PA police don't seem to care if tourists get robbed. Nice way to see NYC,get ripped off right off the plane.

YELLO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 06:44:46 PM »
 From now on when you see something like this just report it to 311.  It's really easy. If everyone  would do it would make a difference.  The people doing illegal pick-ups are going into the pockets of hard working yellow taxi drivers and robbing them and their families. Every compliant counts. No one expects the yellow taxi drivers and industry to stand up for themselves. Fines start at $2000.00 the third time they're caught it's  $10,000 and licensed is revoked. If everyone starts to ban together and report illegal activity change can and WILL happen!!!

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 07:50:24 PM »
YELLO IS RIGHT. THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE CLEARLY WRITTEN ON THE TOP OF THIS PAGE. WHAT PART DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!? HAVE A QUESTION, JUST ASK!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 07:52:51 PM by nyctaxinews »

JFK Mike

• View Profile
Re: Confrontation RIP OFF at HOE-tel..
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 11:12:55 PM »
Damn straight !!

It is US against the world -
...and I AM SICK OF THAT SH-T !!