Author Topic: Good or Not Good-What do you think?  (Read 258 times)

nyctaxinews

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 418
    • View Profile

Hackenstein

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 217
    • View Profile
Re: Good or Not Good-What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 03:19:12 PM »
http://www.nyctaxinews.com/press_release_08_28_17.pdf

That is quite interesting. 35% seems like quite a good deal. This is basically what they used to have, yes? Except garages used to pay the gas and it was more like 50%. Wonder how it would work out w/ the cash tips. I guess it would just be whatever shows on the printout.






meter peter

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Good or Not Good-What do you think?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 03:44:37 PM »
If you work 10 hours and average $30 which is $300 you get $105-20 for gas-$12 (80c)-$10 cc fee your left with $63. If business is better than $30 per a bit more. No matter how you slice it there is not much loot driving these days. Just short trips and a 2-3 hour JFK wait. If the owners want to get their cabs out they should make an effort to make the ride better. Get rid of the annoying tv and dangerous uncomfortable partition. Fighting the hybrid was a huge mistake. 35% is a joke.

nyctaxinews

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 418
    • View Profile
Re: Good or Not Good-What do you think?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 04:09:52 PM »
35% is what the driver pays....Not the other way.........Driver keeps 65% and pays for gas

Hackenstein

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 217
    • View Profile
Re: Good or Not Good-What do you think?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 04:52:27 PM »
Yeah, after rethinking it with what I'm making now, 35% probably won't make much difference. It's right around there anyway, and we've lost at least 35% of our business compared to a couple of years ago. It might help the night drivers more though, I don't know.

meter peter

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Good or Not Good-What do you think?
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 07:28:14 AM »
If the driver keeps 65% thats different. I guess it can't be worse and it is good to have a choice. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Citytaxistreets

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 118
    • View Profile
Re: Good or Not Good-What do you think?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 10:22:41 AM »
Not enough drivers but enough passengers out here and they seem eager to catch a cab. The faster we can provide cabs for them the better.
If we bring part timers in by the hour for rush hours that will help us. I'm just a little worried that full timers will change to part time which won't help. It would hurt Uber if the public knew that during rush hour it might be a little longer to catch a cab but certainly very possible and faster then Uber.