Author Topic: Accessible Dispatch  (Read 275 times)

Hackenstein

• View Profile
Accessible Dispatch
« on: September 08, 2017, 01:03:26 AM »
Looks like they're expanding to all five boroughs and doing driver outreach. Not sure about public outreach, but nursing homes, doctors offices, physical therapists etc obviously know about it because they make the calls.

Also wondering if the new Access-A-Ride calls include paid miles and waiting time. Doesn't seem like it, so not sure if they're worth it. $2.75 in cash upfront and an automatic 10% tip (oh, wow) doesn't really do it.

Got this email:

Hackenstein

• View Profile
Re: Accessible Dispatch
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 03:21:40 AM »
I guess the idea here is to increase the number of accessible trips, as more WAV cabs hit the road. But without paid miles and wait time, it's pretty questionable.

Hackenstein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 10:32:26 AM »
The Access-A-Ride thing is a disaster. No paid miles, waste all your time picking up for basically nothing. The even crazier part is it comes up as merely an Arro offer, you won't know if it's AAR until after you accept. So now, it's pretty much crazy to accept any Arro ehails.

Edit: It does come up as an AAR call in the terminal before you accept it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:36:32 PM by Hackenstein »

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 07:20:04 PM »
The Access-A-Ride thing is a disaster. No paid miles, waste all your time picking up for basically nothing.

What do you mean no extra money.....That is totally wrong... You will get paid as any accessible fare...Read the link below complete with the mileage chart

http://accessibledispatch.org/driver/

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 07:27:30 PM »
Oh wait....Maybe I was confusing access a ride with accessible dispatch.......Accessible dispatch pays all the money described....Not true for access-a-ride?

Is that so?

Hackenstein

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 01:17:15 AM »
Oh wait....Maybe I was confusing access a ride with accessible dispatch.......Accessible dispatch pays all the money described....Not true for access-a-ride?

Is that so?

Yeah two separate things. We're apparently supposed to waste our time picking up AAR trips for $2.75 in cash upfront and an automatic 10% tip. What concerns me is we're only allowed to decline 3 WAV trips per day and I don't know if this is part of it. Pretty lousy if it is, and they just slipped this nonsense in as something we now have to do.