Author Topic: Morning rap  (Read 149 times)

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
Morning rap
« on: October 31, 2017, 09:09:58 AM »
We are as strong as other huge companies. We underestimate ourselves. ATT doesnít have any guarantees and they survive like most conglomerates. Are we not one of them. I realized last night that taxis are the main force in the NYC taxi/for hire market.  We can be stronger by coming together; the number one priority is the medallion. There are a lot of mindsets that come and go, and I believe we are in one now, the mindset that it is hopeless but thatís not the case at all. First of all donít be ashamed of what we do. I donít know why there is such a low turnout at demonstrations, are we all so wealthy that we donít need the value of the medallion to be what it once was. We own, drive, lease, manage, medallion taxis and we should be proud. Nothing wrong, Many of us are newcomers, but there is also a few of us that go back a long way. I came in the 70ís but I had relatives that owned and drove before me.  We have a fiscally and politically powerful industry. Itís time to turn things around. I think medallions are worth 400k and up cash, and if its financed more. WE ARE AS STRONG AS ANY OTHER INDUSTRY ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:16:45 AM by Citytaxistreets »

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Morning rap
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 12:02:20 PM »
You are 100% Correct. The only thing that works against us is the ability to UNITE. How do we make that happen? That is our Achilles Heal. That is what our competition has been exploiting. We need leadership that can get the industry to Unite. I am doing my part, others are also doing their part. But more must be done. 

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 08:41:34 AM »
I thought of that disadvantage to Uber yesterday, were not one unit, we act as thousands of separate ones, so that prevents us from being strong, A big guy can win a fight against a little guy one at a time but if there a lot of little guys all at once fighting the big guy then the little guys can win, How do we act together that's a really hard one to answer but we need to figure that out. BUT I THINK OWNERS NEED TO CHECK THIS SITE MORE, BE IN TOUCH WITH WHATS HAPPENING, GO TO DEMONSTAIONS, CALL COUNCILMEMBERS, right now I see that the individual medallion owner is weaker than the individual Uber car , for what reason I don't know, I think TLC has ingrained in us a sheepish attitude because we've all been fined and suspended so we are afraid of speaking out. The taxi is the heartbeat of the city,
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:54:29 AM by Citytaxistreets »

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:11:21 AM »
I believe if cabs didn't have partitions that would make a big difference. As long as we are forced to buy the taxi of tomorrow and 50% WCA the medallion is finished. Ubers can buy hybrids we for the most part can't. Not being allowed to buy a hybrid is absurd. We can thank Bloomberg for that. One just has to drive a cab to see our customers street hailing an uber and ignoring us. I don't see a change. I see more foreclosures me included. Really a shame the way the city sold medallions then turned on us.

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:22:16 AM »
Man I agree but it is not hopeless , we have support and  our cause is right,  ask anyone you know whether or not taking an Uber is a hail , dont give up , fight until you lose but donít give up