Author Topic: Letís start a price war, seriously!  (Read 1172 times)

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
Letís start a price war, seriously!
« on: January 30, 2018, 12:29:01 PM »
Letís start a price war , lower the rate for taxis using the taxi apps,  we have nothing to lose!!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:48:57 PM by Citytaxistreets »

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
Re: Letís start a price war
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 07:59:48 PM »
I believe we can win hereís why
We lower our Ehail price , arro/curb,  riders start using us (arro/curb) more and Uber less, then Uber gets upset and lowers itís price , then we lower our price , yellows win !! Why ? because we still have handhail biz and Uber got nothing coming in because all they have is cheap Ehail and  itís rate way down, if I had my way Iíd lower ehail prices tomorrow and watch Uber scream
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:01:40 PM by Citytaxistreets »

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
Re: Letís start a price war, seriously!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:34:36 AM »
Passengers will know right from the start when they open the app what the fare is at that moment, so it'll be up to them to decide if they want to ride that way, There is no reason the tlc or the public would object and we can remain competitive. We could lower out ehail price any time we are not busy to increase ridership, the apps could figure that out , knowing how many passengers are in cabs at any given moment and adjust appropriately , In fact after a while we could have a larger clientele that might even use us if the street price is the same

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:54:11 AM »
If you want to start a price war you have to get hundreds of people involved. How are you going to do that? This is just another fantasy otherwise.

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »
I've been thinking about this for quite a while and I think we can win, if we don't fight isn't that the reason why were in this mess , all we need is the ok of the TLC and the apps ,  do you think its a good idea ? 

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 02:47:19 PM »
Passengers don't want to pay with a system that is archaic. Finding the chip slot pushing buttons sitting behind a partition with no leg room listening to that screen. It is about SERVICE. I don't like saying it but uber gives better service. Price isn't the issue. Ubers still get business even when there is a surge. It's about service and the TLC makes sure we can't compete. We are done for. Sad but true.

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 02:58:11 PM »
Price is a real factor  With a 20% discount we could take a lot of their customers without losing customers that are on the street for us, Your pessimistic but one of these days well hit a home run. This is mainly for the night shift but anytime it is slow , why not take a cheaper Ehail ,  take it away from Uber when we have nobody in the cab anyway
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:09:58 PM by Citytaxistreets »

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 01:18:34 PM »
I think there a case now that weíre still around and havenít vanished , I look at the street and it is bristling with nice yellow cabs. Itís a very exciting color,  it gives life to the city. Picking yellow for the. taxicolor was the best move ever.  Whatís our next ?

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 01:31:47 PM »
I took two ehails today both worked good ,drivers were answering and they pick me up in a short time in midday That means that we got a good ehail service

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 02:59:06 PM »
Our next move City is to enjoy the extra business we get as more and more medallions go on the shelf. They will be short fares because all the long ones go to uber but a short ride is better than no ride. Maybe I'll go to Hoboken or Bay Ridge before the end of the year. Still decent rides from JFK if you don't mind waiting 2-3 hours. Not being negative just telling it like it is.