Author Topic: spread the word  (Read 1062 times)

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
spread the word
« on: March 09, 2018, 10:05:51 AM »
WE NEED TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE NEW FHV BILL, tell other drivers and owners what it is and why it is.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:32:00 AM by Citytaxistreets »

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
Re: spread the word
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:25:22 PM »
I spoke to a couple owners and many drivers,  this is the news they want to hear
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 05:18:54 PM by Citytaxistreets »

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 12:40:28 AM »
The purpose of the FHV committee is to raise the value of the medallion, thatís their purpose because the city sells medallions and so should be trying to get the most from their sale to benefit the city., thatís what their suppose to do, whose mistake was it to stigmatize that goal as being bad, thatís where the TLC went wrong
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:42:04 AM by Citytaxistreets »

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 09:55:13 AM »
The medallions for sale now for under $200,000 can't sell. Making rules that cut the ubers even in half won't help. It is a classic case of too little too late.

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 02:01:35 PM »
Im going to be optimistic , cutting Uber in half will help itíll take longer to get one
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 02:03:06 PM by Citytaxistreets »

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 08:35:39 AM »
Like Taxi Dave said, people donít know about us. We invested our lives. The government let us down . What they created they destroyed, guaranteeing a license to street hail. The street hail as defined by time.The street hail defined by the TLC cannot carry predominate characteristics as to its origin. In the 40 years Iíve been around never have I heard of it before Uber , this definition as to what my service was. Prearrangement and street hail, both have within its phrase a sense of time, so time must have been the overriding thought as to what these phases mean.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:54:42 AM by Citytaxistreets »

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 12:11:12 PM »
I'm sure making taxis and FHVs the only cars to pay a congestion surcharge will send medallion prices soaring up! The powers that be are determined to put the medallion out of action. As I predicted foreclosures soared. For each new medallion put on the shelf hundreds of ubers take its place. Uber won. It is over. It is cheaper for most that paid hi to lease rather than own. Even Taxi Dave is being driven off the air. They will succeed in silencing Dave. And I don't like the way Dave kowtows to joshi when she is on his show babbling on to waste time. Taxi Dave; if you are afraid of her and won't let her take calls why have her on? I do appreciate that you are on our side and all you have tried to do.

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 08:15:52 AM »
Get louder everyone , taxis are better,  sentiment is moving in our direction, and why not , taxis are better in everyway, more efficient,  can use both ehail and streethail, wheelchair friendly , driver protections , and environmental protections

taxitalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 01:29:18 PM »
IMO - Here's what's happening....

The MTA and the State of 'New Yawk' are losing MILLION$$
- All becuase of SUE-ber and an Idi-ETTE 'working' at the TLC !!!

Oh - and lost in the sauce is that MOST of the 'First Round' investors at SUE-ber
just took out THEIR money and ran like f-ing RATS !!!   DOH !!  ;P

And - trust me - the rates NOT being on our doors (after SEVENTY f_ING YEARS !! )
 is ALL about Sue-ber... and Via... and Lyft
- who IRONICALLY now have STICKERS on THEIR doors !!!

PS - See you at the airport !!   8)

PS 2 - Oh... Apparently - there is ALSO a 'secret' TLC plan for a low-wage 'group ride'...
for YELLOW cabs !!!  I guess the UBER drivers are all quiting in DROVES
because THEIR group ride often charges THEIR per-personm passengers LESS THAN $3,50 per passenger !!
BOO !!! >:(

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:36:46 PM by taxitalk »

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 09:16:06 AM »
Start contacting your State Senators and let them know that you are being treated unequally in comparison to the like of Uber. and why, tell them its just for Uber to pay more for the congestion fee
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:22:03 AM by Citytaxistreets »

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 05:11:25 PM »
Write to Albany , tell them we want justice