Author Topic: Taxi Memorial Service and Call to action June 7  (Read 658 times)

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
Re: Taxi Memorial Service and Call to action June 7
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 01:51:50 PM »
As CM Diaz says:

"We are in the middle of a man-made crisis in the taxi and for hire vehicle industries. The Mayor is right when he says that the city should have capped the number of FHVs three years ago. My legislation will not only dramatically reduce the number of vehicles clogging city streets, it will also protect and preserve the investments made by taxi medallion owners by creating a regulatory level playing field.

At the same time, the bill also protects the livelihood of FHV drivers who have been exploited by multi-billion-dollar corporations whose flawed models are built on exploitation. That is a feature and it is built right into their business plans.  Any progressive lawmaker who reads the Uber contract would be outraged at how it seriously exploits their drivers. This kind of treatment of workers has no place in NYC and my legislation will make sure it stops.

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 02:00:00 PM »
All talk no action. Uber is too powerful and foreclosures are hot and heavy. In January the $2.50 comes in. What nerve to use a dying business as a cash cow. It is really a shame what the city did to us. I don't see us coming back from this. Nothing is being done for us. All talk. Diaz says the mayor should have. Should have would have. Too late Mr. Diaz.

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 02:02:35 PM »
Forgot; half price metro cards for low income New Yorkers? Are we paying for that too?

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 03:02:01 PM »
So tell me Peter:

Should I put my head between my legs and kiss my ass goodbye or should I go on making money with my taxi as I have been doing since I bought my medallion in 1977- (I drove for a fleet for 7 years prior to that date)???

Some one once told me in life sometimes you have to "Roll with the Punches" . I'm rolling and I don't believe we are any where near the last punch having been thrown! I'm never giving up like it seems you have!!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 03:10:56 PM by nyctaxinews »

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 09:33:24 PM »
Okay okay. I'll go another round before taking the count. I'm paying my bills and working.

taxitalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 12:56:03 PM »
Keep the pressure on... it is a BIG election year !!!