Author Topic: FHV Committee NYC Council Meeting 6/25/18 -Watch Video  (Read 343 times)

YELLO

• View Profile
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:20:09 AM by nyctaxinews »

YELLO

• View Profile

meter peter

• View Profile
Re: FHV Committee NYC Council Meeting 6/25/18 -Watch Video
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 03:16:31 AM »
I read the NAACP is using the race card to help uber with the city council and stop the cap by saying uber serves the black community and outer boros. I thought that is what the green cabs are for? Uber won in London and will win here. They don't lose. The silver cloud in this lining is with so many medallions on the shelf it helps me a little. Not the best way to get more business. Pretty sad.

YELLO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 06:58:44 AM »
Did you hear what Jumanne Williams said at City Council meeting ? He said the City government failed those 6 drivers that taken their life. I believe it's because of the City Council and administration did not put regulations on another industry when they came in. Frankly they should be suing us up the wazoo.

YELLO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 10:29:46 AM »
Councilman Jumaane Williams announced he's running for public advocate.

Williams filed paperwork to open a citywide campaign committee.
I have always felt that my job as an activist elected official has been to make sure the voices of all New Yorkers are lifted up, and to create the kinds of changes that have a tangible positive impact on their lives," William said. "New York City needs to live up to its promise as a progressive beacon, and government needs not just to legislate but to listen.

The councilman is fresh off a campaign for lieutenant governor on the same statewide ticket as Cynthia Nixon for governor and Zephyr Teachout for attorney general. Williams out-performed his running mates, buoyed by deep support in Brooklyn, but was unable to defeat incumbent Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul.

Williams ran on the premise that the lieutenant governor ought to hold the governor accountable which is not unlike the role the public advocate plays in relation to the mayor.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-jumaane-williams-public-advocate-20181023-story.html%3FoutputType%3Damp&ved=2ahUKEwimysH14pzeAhUK0FkKHTMIC0EQFjAtegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw01t2IOmvrflrT--sM7MRkg&ampcf=1 9th