Author Topic: The government took it  (Read 244 times)

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
The government took it
« on: August 14, 2018, 07:44:42 AM »
Im amazed that the city wonít admit taking our property rights in the medallion, what is this communism?, you own the land but anyone can come on , what good is owning if anyone can come in. But thats what they did, we bought exclusive rights. Putting up your arm or pressing a button to achieve a hail is the same thing. Difference being one has service requirements that require different regulations. You canít penalize cabs for having service requirements. Thatís slave labor. 
There is no prearrangement in a hail because they have opposite meanings , they cannot be together. Like water and oil.
The reason why taxi owners feel miserable is not only because it hurts economically , but it hurts that this government betrayed us. They donít admit that it canít do that , it CAN because itís big and strong but that doesnít make it right.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:46:28 AM by Citytaxistreets »

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The government took it
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 08:38:27 AM »
This is what we've been saying all along. The courts didn't agree with us. The courts were wrong...So how do we right this? That's what I want to know.

Antieuba

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 06:28:48 PM »
How do we right this?

Size matters.

Today at City Hall there were hundreds of people.  Some were easily identified as Taxi Workers Alliance members. Some were easily identified as Independent Drivers Guild members. Some were 32BJ members.

The point is there were almost no medallion owners there.  The media and the politicians pick up on this.

If individual medallion owners donít pick up the ball and run with it the other interest groups will continue to take over the narrative.

Up to us.

Citytaxistreets

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 06:56:05 PM »
where are they , can we get a mailing list of every owner and corp officer, why arenít owners concerned!! Itís borders in the absurd ,
How to make a mailing list of all the owners?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:30:02 PM by nyctaxinews »

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 07:37:51 PM »
Anti,

I understand your frustration and I certainly agree with what you are saying. But, I have to believe that any defeat of what started the medallion decline would be a positive step for some medallion recovery. I can't hurt. Do you believe that this is not so? And, why do you think the Medallion owners Association was not included in this victory? The medallion owners certainly were present at all the demonstrations....

Fill us in! I'm a medallion owner. 

Antieuba

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 09:06:19 AM »
Money talks.

Taxi Workers Alliance receives funds from Robinhood Foundation (hedge funds) and has relationship with the AFL-CIO.

IDG (Indepenent Drivers Guild) receives funds from Uber and is with the Machinists Union.

Do organizations that ďrepresentĒ workers really want their memberships to shrink?

Somewhere, Bloomberg is smiling and funding Democrat candidates with 80 million dollars, while his TLC Commissioner is nowhere to be found.  Missing on the day that the most important legislation since 1937 was signed.

Or was it?

Itís all in the implementation.  Time will tell.

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 10:39:55 AM »
Di Blasio said Mera was on the beach. Perhaps this is a preview to her permanent vacation??? Chris Lynn was at the signing!

YELLO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 11:31:13 AM »
I think  she's gone off to check the balance in her anonymous/numbered bank account.