Author Topic: Saturday night  (Read 162 times)

meter peter

• View Profile
Saturday night
« on: September 11, 2018, 07:10:39 AM »
Started at 7:45 PM. Did 18 trips at 2AM = $193 minus $12 for surcharges 16 on the card. $24.30 biggest trip. Didn't leave Manhattan once. Not even Astoria. Drove past plenty of our passengers looking for their uber. How am I supposed to not feel pessimistic? What is going to happen when the $2.50 starts? I agree with JFK Mike about these morons who don't want a raise. I told one driver who is against a raise to ask 100 people on the street if they want a raise. I want a raise. These drivers are just plain stupid. 42 foreclosures listed on TLC site. What are they going to do with these medallions? It's every month. Can't wait to see what this mysterious health fund is.

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday night
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 07:53:24 AM »
Started at 7:45 PM. Did 18 trips at 2AM = $193 minus $12 for surcharges 16 on the card. $24.30 biggest trip. Didn't leave Manhattan once. Not even Astoria. Drove past plenty of our passengers looking for their uber. How am I supposed to not feel pessimistic? What is going to happen when the $2.50 starts? I agree with JFK Mike about these morons who don't want a raise. I told one driver who is against a raise to ask 100 people on the street if they want a raise. I want a raise. These drivers are just plain stupid. 42 foreclosures listed on TLC site. What are they going to do with these medallions? It's every month. Can't wait to see what this mysterious health fund is.

I count 48 Medallions Foreclosed.That is terrible. I believe these medallions will be resold at auction and most of the drivers will be back driving for who ever buys them. The positive view is that the Medallions can still make money! If you are not on the ledge of foreclosure you are on the right side. Be happy you still have a business that makes money. As for the $2.50- it sucks and we will just have to wait and see what effect it has and then deal with it. Also, you should have started earlier on Sat. The hours you chose to work aren't the best on that day. By, 8 PM most people are where they want to be and business dosen't pick up until 10 PM. What about the week days? I know some drivers that are doing a lot better than what you have described!

meter peter

• View Profile
Re: Saturday night
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 08:08:57 AM »
I admit I am not the hardest worker and I did start too late. I'm not on the verge of foreclose but I will get foreclosed when it is time to buy an accessible cab.