Author Topic: MTA Flat Fare  (Read 247 times)

meter peter

• View Profile
MTA Flat Fare
« on: September 16, 2018, 07:47:31 PM »
I called Curb to complain that the flat fare is too low. Sometimes by as much as  $10. The flat rate for JFK is 52. I went a few miles past JFK and got less than that. Got a flat today from 92 & N Blvd to west village for  $29.44. With traffic took me almost 90 minutes. Curb told me a lot of drivers have called to complain. I don't know the rate till I press rider in cab.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:57:25 PM by nyctaxinews »

nyctaxinews

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: MTA Flat Fare
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:01:10 PM »
Do you have to accept? Did it save you time that you would have been empty? This has to be considered. If you would have driven empty from Northern Blvd to the city then you had a good fare. If you could have picked up a fare on Northern Blvd by hail then you were shortchanged. You have to weigh the pros and cons.

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 11:47:26 PM »
I was near a stripped laguardia and figured if I got it at the  airport it would be at least 40-45 so it was a loser for me. But I hear what your saying and I should get the proper amount regardless. Now that they got us thinking it is a good thing they change the game. You don't know it's a flat fare till you push rider in cab. I just took from LGA to Jane and got $60 + 5.76 toll. No tip with MTA and low flat rate is not good.

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 11:49:30 PM »
Hope you cover this topic on the Mike and Abe show.

YELLO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 04:07:19 PM »
Here's another one, you're a passenger and use Curb to pay for  the trip, you see the transaction go through on your side  but it does not register on the driver's side. Then you pay again  and then you're  billed twice from Curb.

meter peter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 12:48:16 AM »
Got 2 MTA calls and they were on the meter,not flat. Much better.