News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

News from the front

Started by Citytaxistreets, Jan 17, 2023, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citytaxistreets

Things are positive, business has held even thru the fiasco with the rate increase , which portends possible better times ahead
Owner drivers are so welcome , they are the life or death of the industry.
Lease drivers are appreciated, they can do just as good as owners.
Cabs are a roller coaster, i believe were on our way up.
We got the ball!

Yello

Citytaxistreets

cab trunks in the up open position and drivers out of cab leaning on fender, passengers come out of hotels looking for a fast ride to the airport they'll decide on you rather than Uber

Yello

Citytaxistreets

Uber/Lyft both cheaper right now,  taxis are almost empty , instant gratification,  uber lowers it price by algorithm that immediately take fares away from yellows, our competition is a computer

Yello

Picked-up a young man in Williamsburg last Saturday at 5:30a.m., took him to the city. He was so happy the fare was only $35.00 that he asked me if  he could take a picture of the meter to send it to all his friends. Turns out Uber was charging $60.00 to take him home. He told me, I'm telling all my friends to ride yellow from now on.

Citytaxistreets

for the last few days Uber has been as much as 33% more than taxis for the same ride

taxiwerker

???  ???  ???  ???

Bet the Drivers ARE Still Complaining.........

Citytaxistreets

streets are looking smart for cabs, prices have a 25-40% spread on average between cabs and UBER , for about a week , even on Sunday morning , if this holds its what we want . people will get fed up with paying so much just for a Uber ride

Yello

I met a taxi driver yesterday who just started driving 1 week ago. I wished him luck.

Citytaxistreets

great , input is really needed by those who are knowledgeable out here, theres a momentum recently in cabs favor , lets see if we can get a touchdown!!!

taxi learned ones should talk talk talk to street people , people hailing cabs,  luggage help etc, I looked up fifth ave and tried to picture it without yellow, i dont think its ever going to happen , at this moment and it changes quickly , cabs are more competitive with Uber than they have been for many years , bc Uber is more expensive, its all about the cost of the ride   

Citytaxistreets

uber/lyft currently 20% higher local in Manhattan Saturday morning , Uber ruled this period bc of their ability to lower prices, these prices are higher ,

NYC Taxi News

It sounds like they are doomed! If they don't raise the prices they will die. If they do raise the prices they will lose a lost of business and be forced to get rid of many drivers.

Citytaxistreets

thats what i hope and thats the game their trying to avoid

Citytaxistreets

looking good out there this afternoon