News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

PRICING

Started by Citytaxistreets, Mar 13, 2023, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citytaxistreets

First of all its totally unfair competition in any circumstance for one competitor to have variable computerized pricing based off and against a competitors fixed price
the variable priced competitors computer churns out the optimal way to undermine the fixed price competitor by snatching customers

NYC Taxi News

It can't last forever

Citytaxistreets

looking today Uber is consistently higher at least 20% and lyft at least half of that , sometimes more

Citytaxistreets

I LIKE WHAT I SEE IN PRICING BUT IT COULD BE BETTER ,

Citytaxistreets

A 20% SPREAD EVEN ALL NIGHT , THAT MEANS TAXIS ARE GOING TO GET SOME SHARE OF THAT MARKET , AND I THINK A LOT OF NEW YORKERS ARE NOSTALGIC FOR THE OLD NEW YORK CITY,  WHICH INCLUDED YELLOW CABS ALL OVER , ITS BORING TO HAVE BLACK CARS REPLACE YELLOW CABS FOR STREETSCAPE

Citytaxistreets

Im satisfied 2 days in a row , wow ,  taxis are holding, theres a 10-30 percent average price spread

Citytaxistreets

riders are still choosing Uber/LYFT at a 10-30% markup to yellow , although not as much , I am noticing more empty Ubers ,

Citytaxistreets

cabs were hot today , pricing for ubers at times 2x cabs , but lyft is closer in price

Yello

Today ar 8:30 a.m., Uber was charging $45.00 to go from Pitt and Grand St to NYU Hospital.

NYC Taxi News

Does anyone in their right mind pay this? How much does the driver get?

Citytaxistreets

sad to say they are busy ,at times people don't even consider cabs as an option , that depresses me why are people paying this? , bc uber offers a comfortable and reliable ride which is very important to the rider. Reliability is the thing that cabs need , people can find cabs but its not like the guarantee that uber provides. If I'm new to NYC and definitely want to get from point a to b then ill pay to do that bc its not everyday and this is the time i need it.

taxiwerker

:o  :o  :o

Folks HAVE Disposable MONEY Period .....

TIME seems to be of the ESSENSCE That They Think IS Valuble Sadly to say......

Its Like Rushing HOME to Watch The GRASS Grow...ONLY to LOOK Across the Street Seeing Thier Grass is GREENER !!!!,,,,,,,,,,,Time to Call the LAWN DOCTOR !!! ........ :(  :(  :(

Citytaxistreets

Cabs are consistently with fares , drivers can make good money in a short time, as i see and a wish , it'll get more productive as time moves on as ubers retire or Uber fare pricing keeps rising 

Citytaxistreets

It seems Uber has gained an upper hand , using variable pricing they initiated a lower price scheme ( longer waits in exchange for lower fares) to undercut taxis again,

Citytaxistreets

Uber pricing is directly correlated to taxi income , the lower their passenger rate,  less fares for cabs, this disparity by a competitor is grossly unfair