Author Topic: WATCH VIDEO OF NYS HEARING ON MEDALLION CRISIS AND OTHER NYS TAXI AND LIMOSUINE  (Read 201 times)

majxl

Senator Jessica Ramos and her distinguished guests certainly disclosed much informations in their efforts  to help the Yellow Taxi industry.
But after 4 hours of testimony Felicia Singh said it so well " we can't wait another 5 years or 1 year... Drivers and owner need help now"!

Citytaxistreets

Legislator

As an owner I have my preferences. Iím a former driver, who does not think the current bill earmarking only those owners who have one medallion is fair. Some owners bought medallions throughout the years and ran them as an OWNER OPERATORS, {small town business}. As a small business in every sense of the meaning. THIS BILL HAS LEFT ME OUT.

Citytaxistreets

My thoughts on the best way out of this is to be kind and caring to the cabs, show preference and pride that a city should have in their taxis.
If you want medallion owners to be free of too much debt then the first thing you should do is to start giving taxi medallions perks that ARE NOT GIVEN TO UBER , there must be a showdown. if you want uber competing alongside taxis, it is unfair competition.

Citytaxistreets

If you want uber to survive, yellow will die. This is the choice that you MUST make. This has been your choice all along.
The effects of your past decisions are happening to yellow. If you back yellow in outward gestures, lenders will once again feel that it is safe. If there is money to be made thru your perks, the medallion will come back on its own. 

Citytaxistreets

One part of the discussion had to do with taxis being an outdated mode of transportation and faced extinction as a natural consequence. I have long thought of this and have come to a definite conclusion that, that is not possible. It is part of natural human nature to hail a vehicle with our hand as one of our outward expressions, we are not half computer. We are natural and to take away hand gesturing to hail a vehicle is unnatural