Author Topic: Itís about time cabdrivers change their ways  (Read 196 times)

Citytaxistreets

Itís about time cabdrivers change their ways
« on: June 29, 2021, 05:22:29 PM »
itís a tough job I know but I see what cab drivers 
do on the streets they pass by people with wheelchairs they pass by people with crutches without blinking an eye looking the other way they still discriminate,   they give us a bad reputation the yellow cab industry they need to make more money they need to change their ways, they need to grow up there needs to be education courses , itís time
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 07:53:18 AM by Citytaxistreets »

majxl

Re: Itís about time cabdrivers change their ways
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 09:31:36 PM »

Handicap travelers should be able to request a handicap permit (like the the permit for handicap parking)  wich may help them  get insurance coverage.

Wheelchair accessible taxis should be inspected by trained personnel, with a medical background, at the same time as the car inspection.

WAV drivers should receive PAID training regulary to professionaly transport handicaped peoples.

WAV should have a blinking yellow outside light on as they pick up, transport and discharge handicapped fare.

WAV should have access to a special phone number in case of emergency.

Initial fare should be a minimum of $65.- plus the regular mileage and waiting time.

Citytaxistreets

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 08:36:42 AM »
where's the loyalty to the taxi industry when drivers drive around with their roof lights on and pass up passengers , that's really frustrating for the passenger, there's no decency there,

Taxiwerker

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 11:54:44 AM »
How do you go to a Relief Stop or to Eat...?.... ::)

Meter ON.....?....Uninformed Retired guy wants to know  :o

Citytaxistreets

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 08:05:46 AM »
The proper pickup

As soon as you a passenger make every attempt to let the passenger know you got em, by your flashers , headlights , car movement , stop as close to the passenger as possible without making an inconvenience to other drivers if possible ,

Citytaxistreets

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 08:07:39 AM »
You go off duty with meter , thatís turns your roof light off , relief stands need to be clean and restaurants should let drivers easily use bathroom by showing hack

Taxiwerker

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 09:07:19 AM »
I Figured as Much.......

So The METER is Ticking.....At LEAST 4 Times a Day .....$$$$

So That INCOME ( Meters ON ) Disappears ?......... ::)......

I Wonder....Well Sorta...lol....The LAST Few Months of my Driving Career  (Snort )  I Did Get Pulled 4 times over and was Accused of GHOST Riding.....Ha......I wonder IF Others HAVE been as Successful as Myself in Getting OFF those Charges ....

All The REASON Off DUTY Lights SHOULD Have BEEN Left ALONE....!!!!