News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

News from the front

Started by Citytaxistreets, Jan 17, 2023, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citytaxistreets

Im going to take a big leap right now and say at this time cabs have a higher occupancy rate than black cars and thats a big big change from a year ago ,  But how to get the cabs rolling and making money , the problem is the money for cabs have not gotten noticeable better , because there are just too many cars and that means too many Ubers .

NYC Taxi News

We need the rates on the doors

Yello

I met a 20 year old former Uber driver who now drives a yellow taxi cab. He likes driving yellow, picks up more people, the trips are a longer and makes more money.  The only thing he misses  about Uber, listing to loud music with his passengers.

NYC Taxi News

I always had music on in the taxi I drove. Very few people ask to turn it off. It's a good tool for tips!

Citytaxistreets

yea sometimes , but it has to rock and roll no matter what !!!!

Citytaxistreets

I think im noticing a rush hour , hard to believe with some many people working from home, and !!!! i think there are more people in cabs than ubers at times , I HAVENT SEEN THAT IN YEARS

Citytaxistreets

App hailing for curb has picked up but drivers are still unskilled , by not as much as old days , We need to keep up standard , you cant expect a passenger to do an App hail then have difficulties with the app .  and that's on Curb and Arro

Citytaxistreets

Business is slow, driver income is down, My impression there are too many FHV's. Ubers are also slow. There must be a decrease in the number of Black cars so yellows can eat

NYC Taxi News

May and June are usually very busy months....Keep us informed

Citytaxistreets

no,  i go back a long way and i know you do to Abe, but my recollections were there were no slow times like these.These appear more to be like droughts. Black car fare prices compared to yellow are about 10-20 percent higher sometimes 1/3 higher , its not enough, its needs to go up more to drive out more black cars and increase fare numbers for the rest that's left. i don't know how to get rid of black cars but that's what needs to be done 

Citytaxistreets

taxi ehailing is up but drivers are clumsy at it

NYC Taxi News

The good news is the pubic wants it!

Citytaxistreets

right now its the best ive seen in years , but remember it only at this moment , it changes, but nonetheless i haven't seen it this good in a long time

NYC Taxi News

Yello

I met a 22 year old yellow taxi driver, started this January. His father started driving yellow in 1996.